It’s time for another session of WC Training School. Registration for the new session starts March 6th and ends March 31st 2017. We would be having both the weekend and weekday sessions. The week day session will run for 4 months (April-July) Monday-Friday, while the weekend session will run for 6 months (April –September) Saturday and Sunday (2 Sundays in a month).
WC Training School has trained about 40 students in the past and graduated 30 students so far, the rest are yet to have their final graduation ceremony (Fashion show). Unfortunately for now due to some technical issues you are unable to view past and present pictures of Ex-WC Trainees, but you can go to our instagram page (@wunmmiescouture and check for some pictures using the ‘#WCTrainee’.
WC Training School as an excellent work- space for its students. Each student is assigned to a sewing machine, workspace, locker and all other equipments necessary for effective learning. The working conditions in WC are quite favorable; there is always electricity for the period of training. At the completion of training with WC Training School, a fashion show will be organized for students where they can showcase outfits made by them.
To Excel at WC Training School, individuals must be hard-working, dedicated and very determined. Laziness and Procrastination is not tolerated at WC Training School, students not performing up to standard will be given extra coaching.
WC Training School cost #140,000 for Weekday Session and #150,000 for Weekend Session. The fees include the student Kit and fashion show.
The list of the materials in the student kit as follows:
MATERIALS FOR TRAINEE’S SOWING KIT
- WC TRAINING MANUAL
- 10 YARDS OF CALICO OR MUSLIM.
- 6 BUNDLES OF ANKARA(3 different prints of 6-yards Ankara and 3 different print of 3-yards Ankara)
- 2 YARDS OF TAFFETA
- 2 YARDS OF RAW-SILK
- 4 YARDS OF CHIFFON
- 3 YARDS OF PLAIN DULL FACE SATIN
- 8 PACK OF DIFFERENT COLOURS OF THREAD
- 3 PACKS OF MACHINE NEEDLE
- 4 PIECES OF TAPERULE
- 30 SHEETS OF BROWN PAPER.
- 1 PACK OF FRENCH CURVES.
- 1 PACK OF SET SQUARES.
- 1 LONG RULER OR T-SQUARE.
- 3 PIECES OF TAILORS CHALK.
- SKETCH BOOK.
- 8 PACKS OF OFFICE PIN
- 25 YARDS OF LINING.
- 1 PACK OF HAND NEEDLE.
- 2 PIECES OF TRACING WHEEL.
- 1 TRACING MAT
- 1 FABRIC SCISSORS
- 1 PAPER SCISSORS
- 5 YARDS OF AIR STAY(2.5 YARDS OF BLACK, 2.5 YARDS OF WHITE)
- 4 YARDS OF PAPER STAY(2 YARDS OF WHITE ,2 YARDS OF BLACK)
- 2 SEAM RIPPER.
- 1 ROLL OF HEMMING GUM.
- 1 PACK OF COLOUR PENCILS.
- 2 PIECES OF SMOKING THREADS
- 1 PACK OF BLACK AND WHITE ELASTIC.
NB: please note materials listed above are important for all classes. Should Incase the materials in your kit finish before your training is completed, you would have to purchase the needed materials at your own expense. Trainees are advised to manage and keep items in their training kit properly.
SCHEME OF WORK FOR THE PERIOD OF TRAINING IS LISTED BELOW.
- PARTS OF THE MACHINE, BODY MEASUREMENTS FOR BOTH PATTERN AND FREEHAND
- TYPES OF CUTTING
- CUTTING OF BODICE BY FREEHAND
- CUTTING OF BODICE BY PATTERN
- CUTTING OF STRAIGHT AND PENCIL SKIRT BY FREEHAND
- CUTTING OF STRAIGHT AND PENCIL SKIRT BY PATTERN
- CUTTING OF A ONE-PIECE PENCIL DRESS BY FREEHAND
- CUTTING OF A ONE-PIECE PENCIL DRESS BY PATTERN
- CUTTING OF A TWO-PIECE PENCIL DRESS BY FREEHAND
- CUTTING OF A TWO-PIECE PENCIL DRESS BY PATTERN
- KNIFE PLEATS , GATHERS: LEARNING TO USE ELASTICS AND SMOKING THREAD
- KISSING PLEATS
- OVERLAP FOR BOTH BODICE AND BOTTOM
- AGEMAPA OR CUT-TOGETHER
- PRINCESS CUT :EASY FIT AND CLOSE FIT BY FREEHAND
- GORES SKIRT BY FREEHAND
- PIPING AND PANEL LING
- MARKET RESEARCH AND FABRICS
- OFF-SHOULDER( USING ELASTICS AND BUST-CUT OFF-SHOULDER)
- BALLOON SKIRTS.
- CUTTING OF SHIRT BY FREEHAND
- CUTTING OF SHIRT BY PATTERN
- CUTTING OF COLLAR
- CUTTING OF BASIC JACKETS.
- CUTTING OF TROUSERS: CLOSE FITTING AND EASY-FIT BY PATTERN.
- CUTTING OF JUMPSUITS
To Enroll for WC training school, please call 08160413107 or Visit WC Training School at : 11 Adetayo Osho Street Off Fola-Agoro street near tabade pharmacy.