Hello, it’s time for another session at WC Training School. The registration for the session will be from september13th- septmber30th. We would be having both the weekend and weekday training. The week day training will be for four months and the weekend training for six months.
These training will be different from our other sessions because these would be both a training and internship at wunmmiescouture. Trainees will go through vigorous training of learning the tailoring skill while also learning about real life application by working with the WC team.
How much does the training cost?
WC Training School cost #140,000 for Weekday Session and #150,000 for Weekend Session. The fees include the student Kit (40, 000) and fashion show (10,000). The training kit is optional; students are allowed to purchase their own training kit.
How long will the training run for?
Weekday training will be from September18th 2017 to January 31st 2018, Monday to Friday 10am-6pm.
Weekend Training will be from September23rd to March 31st2018, Saturdays (10am-6pm) and 2 Sundays a month (12am-5pm).
What would you learn during your training period?
Students will be taught both the freehand and pattern method of cutting, neat sewing and finishing. We have a wide scheme of work (view below) that covers the basics in every female outfit.
Our past records?
WC Training School has trained about 50 students in the past and graduated 40 students so far. Below you can view some of the works of our past students.
We have an excellent work- space for our students. Each student is assigned to a sewing machine, workspace, locker and all other equipment’s necessary for effective learning. The working conditions in WC are quite favorable; there is always electricity for the period of training. At the completion of training with WC Training School, a fashion show will be organized for students where they can showcase outfits made by them. Below you can view WC Workspace.
What makes WC training school Unique from other fashion school?
At WC training school we ensure that each student is given maximum attention and is allowed to think and work independent of any of their teachers. WC Manual is very broad and covers all the topic taught during the training period, so students can always refer to it years after the training. WC trainees are allowed to experiment and try out new methods and ideas which is supervised by their teachers. At the completion of the training section, a fashion show is organised for WC trainees where they can showoff the designs and garments they have been able to produce.
What we require from WC trainees?
To Excel at WC Training School, individuals must be hard-working, dedicated and determined to learn. Students must be punctual, time conscious and submit their classwork’s and assignments on the due date. Laziness and Procrastination is not tolerated at WC Training School, students not performing up to standard will be given extra coaching, and will need to put in extra time.
The list of the materials in the student kit as follows:
MATERIALS FOR TRAINEE’S SEWING KIT
- WC TRAINING MANUAL
- 10 YARDS OF CALICO OR MUSLIM.
- 6 BUNDLES OF ANKARA(3 different prints of 6-yards Ankara and 3 different print of 3-yards Ankara)
- 2 YARDS OF TAFFETA
- 2 YARDS OF RAW-SILK
- 4 YARDS OF CHIFFON
- 3 YARDS OF PLAIN DULL FACE SATIN
- 8 PACK OF DIFFERENT COLOURS OF THREAD
- 3 PACKS OF MACHINE NEEDLE
- 4 PIECES OF TAPERULE
- 30 SHEETS OF BROWN PAPER.
- 1 PACK OF FRENCH CURVES.
- 1 PACK OF SET SQUARES.
- 1 LONG RULER OR T-SQUARE.
- 3 PIECES OF TAILORS CHALK.
- SKETCH BOOK.
- 8 PACKS OF OFFICE PIN
- 25 YARDS OF LINING.
- 1 PACK OF HAND NEEDLE.
- 2 PIECES OF TRACING WHEEL.
- 1 TRACING MAT
- 1 FABRIC SCISSORS
- 1 PAPER SCISSORS
- 5 YARDS OF AIR STAY(2.5 YARDS OF BLACK, 2.5 YARDS OF WHITE)
- 4 YARDS OF PAPER STAY(2 YARDS OF WHITE ,2 YARDS OF BLACK)
- 2 SEAM RIPPER.
- 1 ROLL OF HEMMING GUM.
- 1 PACK OF COLOUR PENCILS.
- 2 PIECES OF SMOKING THREADS
- 1 PACK OF BLACK AND WHITE ELASTIC.
NB: please note materials listed above are important for all classes. Should Incase the materials in your kit finish before your training is completed, you would have to purchase the needed materials at your own expense. Trainees are advised to manage and keep items in their training kit properly.
SCHEME OF WORK FOR THE PERIOD OF TRAINING IS LISTED BELOW.
- PARTS OF THE MACHINE, BODY MEASUREMENTS FOR BOTH PATTERN AND FREEHAND
- TYPES OF CUTTING
- CUTTING OF BODICE BY FREEHAND
- CUTTING OF BODICE BY PATTERN
- CUTTING OF STRAIGHT AND PENCIL SKIRT BY FREEHAND
- CUTTING OF STRAIGHT AND PENCIL SKIRT BY PATTERN
- CUTTING OF A ONE-PIECE PENCIL DRESS BY FREEHAND
- CUTTING OF A ONE-PIECE PENCIL DRESS BY PATTERN
- CUTTING OF A TWO-PIECE PENCIL DRESS BY FREEHAND
- CUTTING OF A TWO-PIECE PENCIL DRESS BY PATTERN
- KNIFE PLEATS , GATHERS: LEARNING TO USE ELASTICS AND SMOKING THREAD
- KISSING PLEATS
- OVERLAP FOR BOTH BODICE AND BOTTOM
- AGEMAPA OR CUT-TOGETHER
- PRINCESS CUT :EASY FIT AND CLOSE FIT BY FREEHAND
- GORES SKIRT BY FREEHAND
- PIPING AND PANEL LING
- MARKET RESEARCH AND FABRICS
- OFF-SHOULDER( USING ELASTICS AND BUST-CUT OFF-SHOULDER)
- BALLOON SKIRTS.
- CUTTING OF SHIRT BY FREEHAND
- CUTTING OF SHIRT BY PATTERN
- CUTTING OF COLLAR
- CUTTING OF BASIC JACKETS.
- CUTTING OF TROUSERS: CLOSE FITTING AND EASY-FIT BY PATTERN.
- CUTTING OF JUMPSUITS
- LEARNIN TO DRAW A SIZE CHART FOR ADULTS AND KIDS.
PICTURES OF WC TRAINING SCHOOL
Pictures of the last WC Trainee fashion show, and some of WC ex-trainee’s work:
Interested individuals, please contact us through any of the following medium given below:
Email addy: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 11 Adetayo Osho Street, off Folagoro, Near Tabade Pharmacy.
Instagram : wunmmiescouture